Digital Photography/Art

Create Your Own Story

Shadows

Oil and Water

Refraction

Water Beads

Refraction

1.  The mood of the photo is happiness, vitality and creativity. The colors yellow and orange in the photo represent happiness and vitality. The purple represents creativity. The vertical buildings convey statuesque. The building rest on the horizon creating a sense of peace and harmony.
  2. The photo makes me think about the colors the sun can create in the sky. It can create all sorts of beautiful colors, some being more rare than others. The colors are always in perfect harmony and contrast with each other.  It also creates a peace between humanity and nature. The city and the sun live together seamlessly.
  3. The colors jump out at me the most. They are such a nice blend of colors that create a sense of warmth.
  4.  The image makes me feel hope and energetic.  It gives me hope that humanity, represented by the city, can continue to live in nature in peace. The skyline combined with the sun draws out a sense of hope because of the blend in the colors.
  5. The advice I would give for students next year taking abstract photography is to really experiment and go out of your comfort zone to get the shot you want. Abstract art is meant to challenge you and make you think.

Next Post

Previous Post

1 Comment

1. Noel Valente January 12, 2024

I really like the coloring and the photo used as it’s very pretty. The city scape is filled with black buildings and a beautiful orange sky overall a great photo choice. Another thing I like is that the refraction piece of glass is very centered, which means the image isn’t twisted or not aligned.
    I think one thing that could be better is the way you took the image. The original image on the screen is flipped upside down which is weird and doesn’t look the best. Another thing that could be better is the quality of the image as there is some blur and it makes the refraction less immersive.
    One piece of advice would be to try and get a higher quality picture so the refraction is more realistic. But since you flipped the photo you had to download it and thus it lowered its quality even more so I would also suggest to not flip the photo and to leave the refraction as normal so it looks like a reflection in water.