Digital Photography/Art

Stay Cool!

Artist Statement

(Describe your artwork.)

My artwork embodies a penguin on a detached ice block. The penguin stands alone as he drifts away in the Arctic sea. A cloud also stands in the sky producing snow falling onto  the ice and sea. 

(How did you create your artwork?)

I created my artwork by taking inspiration from a children’s drawing book and using Adobe Illustrator. Using the drawing template as reference, I used shapes and the pen tool to create everything in the image. I also used the grid tool to create an essence of perspective to make the penguin look distant. 

(What is the big idea behind your artwork?)

The big idea behind my artwork was to just create a penguin based on a drawing and make an environment surrounding him. I tried to think of the stereotypical setting a penguin would be in. I was originally going to put the penguin next to an igloo, but I thought the penguin on a drifting piece of ice would look better. 

(What were your goals for this artwork?)

The goal for the artwork is to make the kid I am giving this card to smile. Another goal I have in this artwork is to just make the kid feel better with all the factors affecting their life. 

(What are your overall thoughts on your artwork?)

My overall thoughts on my artwork is that I did really well for my first time. I didn’t think the process was too difficult. The one problem I have has to deal with detail in my image. For example, making the block of ice more realistic. 

Next Post

Previous Post